What is Your Challenge and Solution?

Enforce our immigration laws (and how to do it)

I already outlined how to free up jobs for hundreds of thousands of Americans, way back in March of 2009:

http://24ahead.com/n/8902

I've since left that link in dozens of places and I've gotten no help with the plan from either the left or the right. And, that's despite how it could help alleviate joblessness at the same time as reducing spending on unemployment insurance.

The reason I've gotten no help with that is because the vast majority of the loudest political voices online are simply partisan hacks, and they do what their corrupt leaders want. And, their corrupt leaders don't want to enforce our immigration laws, whether it's to obtain cheap labor (the GOP) or votes (the Democrats).

So, how do you get those political hacks - like Ratigan and the rest of the MSNBC bunch - to promote that plan? You publicly shame them. Challenge them to put their hackery aside and do what's best for the U.S. Challenge Ratigan by tweeting him @DylanRatigan. Challenge him here at his own site by voting up this idea. Challenge him at the HuffPost by leaving comments. Your goal should be to make Dylan Ratigan - or anyone else who pretends to care about unemployment - look bad by failing to take realistic steps to alleviating unemployment.

Many other plans submitted here have no plan to get them considered. This is different: it includes both a plan to alleviate unemployment for hundreds of thousands of Americans, and also a plan to break through the political hackery engaged in by Ratigan, his colleagues at MSNBC, and other political hacks regardless of which party they're loyal to above all else.

50 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    24AheadDotCom24AheadDotCom shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • alal commented  · 

This country is in trouble because of all the illegal immigrants.
        My own wife even calls me a racist because i am so adament about this issue. This Govt. both sides need to enforce the laws on the books. I have ni problem with any race period but come here legally. My stepdaughter is dating an illegal and i told my wife i would turn him in. Does that make me a racist? My daghter flew to idahoe to be with him they plan on driving back neither one has a license! because my wife is such a bleeding heart liberal she will condone all this for her sake its crazy

• suzy quesuzy que commented  · 

Erika, I worked in the cherry orchards in my home town from the age of 9-15. I learned how hard I had to work to make money, which drove me to get educated so I could have a better life/job/future. But now, my sons were not allowed to work the 2-3 weeks picking cherries in the orchards. I worked hard, in the heat, dirty and sweaty to earn enough money that first year (9 yo), to buy my Honda mini bike (my brother and I both earned enough money to buy our motorcyles). Its not easy working out in 100+ degree weather, getting up at 4 a.m., climbing to the very top of high ladders, but it taught me work ethic, I earned my own money so learned to spend wisely cause I knew how hard I had to work for it.....my son couldn't get a summer job (except for lawn mowing jobs), in the orchards because I didn't own an orchard so my kids could work in it, the pickers from Mexico pick faster (but they are very hard on the trees....they just take everything, cherries, leaves, etc.), and come back every year so the orchardist have their crew mapped out 9 months in advance. If we didn't have illegals coming to pick in the orchards, our 9 yo could work a couple weeks during their summer vacation and learn the value of a dollar and be more motivated to better their future!!!!

• Peter DeanPeter Dean commented  · 

Dylan,

It's your old high school buddy, Peter Dean. Why have you not answered this post yet and nipped the argument in the bud?

PD

P.S. I still have that letter you sent me years ago. Some things are important to keep.

• Erika WhitewayErika Whiteway commented  · 

One reason is that ICE can't just do sweeps and take people away to verify their identity--that's what they want to do in Arizona, you know, "zhow me ze papers..." it's a violation of 4th Amendment rights among others. If you are in U.S., you are protected by the Constitution. They are human beings, not cattle...but if they were cattle you could round 'em up and sell them--gosh, too bad we can't just *eat* those frickin' lazy homeless people and these Mexicans taking jobs...have you ever worked in a field? on a ranch? outside every single day? I have. Most of my American peers can't even *do* that kind of physical labor. It's harder work than most people ever do, it pays nothing (can't live on it) and it's seasonal. You go pick fruit and get back to me.

• BudBud commented  · 

Chris Martha is using the same disreputable tactics that were used against Prop. 187 in CA: don't enforce our immig. laws or illegal aliens will engage in crimes. If Chris Martha is really concerned about that he could suggest some form of repatriation program.

And, there are obvious reasons why we don't allow massive *legal* immigration by low-wage workers: because of the further impact it would have on low-wage Americans. Corrupt politicians have a workaround: allow illegal immigration.

As for "only legal citizens have the right to vote", that's correct. However, Chris Martha ignores a) some illegal aliens have been caught registering or voting, b) illegal aliens count towards Cong. apportionment, and c) illegal aliens form a power base for the Dems and the far-left, whether they vote or not.

• Chris MarthaChris Martha commented  · 

Also, you DO realize that only legal citizens have the right to vote, correct?

• Chris MarthaChris Martha commented  · 

"When they can't find work, a place to live, etc they will go home."

THAT.. or they'll kill, shoot, and steal to feed their families.

By the way, CA, you sound like the typical American who doesn't understand that there is a 10+ YEAR WAITING LIST for Mexican immigrants to come here legally. I can't stand hearing your argument because it implies that these people actually *have* the opportunity to come here legally, and they just choose to break in illegally.

In reality,Their families would have starved to death by the time they got off the waiting list.. and most illegals send significant portions of their earnings straight back to their families in Mexico.

• CACA commented  · 

Actually a majority of the homeless are mentally ill, so thats out.
        Existing immigration laws would do much, but really I think you make it a felony for any business to hire someone that is not a legal immigrant. Then anyone renting to an illegal immigrant, and so on. When they can't find work, a place to live, etc they will go home. Oh and let's make it a felony for anyone in the government granting them social security cards, welfare, drivers licenses, or any services! Hell that would probably help us with the deficit too.

Also for all those seeking immigration reform and basically want us to open the boarders and give the over 11 million illegals that are here amnesty, I say I have NO PROBLEM with anyone that has come here LEGALLY. Illegals are criminals, and need to be treated as such.

• Flo MaxFlo Max commented  · 

Seemingly good suggestion, but I'm not sure you would get many of the homeless to do these jobs.

Feedback and Knowledge Base