What is Your Challenge and Solution?

Afganistan

Get our troops out of Afganistan. 2-Billion $ / wk, 500 Lives /yr - FOR WHAT?

96 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Reg shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • gman commented  · 

too many children suffer on both sides. i too was saddened and disturbed by the actions of a few to instill fear and anger upon the innocence of many. like wise now in the financial crisis, alone and being stiffarmed by greedy bastards whom we have allowed to sell off our childrens future for personal gain.

• Reg commented  · 

Read "THE AFGHAN CAMPAIGN" by Steven Pressfield. Alexander The Great invaded Afghanistan 2,300 years ago. Very little changed then as very little is changing now. We aren't wanted - we don't belong there and our soldiers die every day for nothing. Bring them home. Build our own country and let the Mid East govern as they will. If threatened we can cut them off before any they attack the USA. It's past time. This is a losing game - it has been for over 2,300 years.

• John Franco commented  · 

I say we offer any Afghani woman or child a free ride out and then the hell with that place.

• Reg commented  · 

We must leave Afghanistan, for the sake of our troops and unbelievable waste of tax payer money.

In addition "Afghanistan is, as of March, 2010, the greatest illicit opium producer in the entire world, ahead of Burma (Myanmar) and the "Golden Triangle". Afghanistan is the main producer of opium in "Golden Crescent". [From Wikipedia].

Street Heroin cost has dropped drastically in the 10 years of US occupation, while the purity has increased to almost pure levels. We should "Follow The Money" and cut this off. I speak from experience. My small suburban town of 4,000 has lost a half dozen young people due to overdoses. My own family has suffered from the cheap heroin flooding our country.

In short: Save Our Troops - Stop Wasting Tax Payer's Money and Follow the drug money.

• Bob commented  · 

1.Flat 10% tax, income under $250K/year. www.PeoplesParty.us
        2.Electric and Natural Gas cars are tax free and tax deductable over 5 years.Same for solar and wind energy.
        3.Term limits of 12 years for senators/reps.
        4. Publically traded companies belong to the shareholders. $1M Max salary
        5. Build secure double fence on south border.More guards/cameras.
        6. Medicare, Medicaid, V.A. merge into one healthcare system open to all.
        7. The Small Business Admin. actually gives out loans/grants for seed cap.
        8. One year time limit on fighting wars.
        9. Congressman must Balance the budget or lose half of salary.
        10. Get rid of electorial college for direct vote. Max campaig donation $10k.
        www.PeoplesParty.us

• California Mountainman commented  · 

War is expensive and all we are accomplishing is control of oil and drug trade. If our country was not contolled by the corporations the war would never have been as it has turned out. We need to end lobbying and campaign contributions or the same mistakes will be repeated over and over again. Murder for hire to boost corporate profits and market share. If our founding fathers knew this is what our country was to become they would have never fought for our freedom. Congratulations corporations for making Hitler a profit and giving our country over to Nazi idealism. When the wealthy have more say in government than others there is no democracy just tyranny.

• Kevin commented  · 

this is not a war. we are not fighting anyone. when someone who isnt American over there fires a weapon they die. thats a slaughter, not a war. its time to come home now.

Feedback and Knowledge Base