National

We invite you to contribute your ideas on how to solve America’s challenges!

Add your topic subject subject below and then add a brief description. After it is posted, add your proposed solution in the comment section.

What is Your Challenge and Solution?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. 227 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    • Dedicate % of Media Airtime Free for Political Candidates/Initiatives

This would reduce the need for fund-raising instead of governing. The airwaves have been "sold" to the corporate media by the government. I propose that a certain percentage of airtime be divided amongst finalists in elections, so that it removes the requirement to raise money to support media expenditures.

27 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
      • Televised Town Halls re: jobs, unemployment, 99ers, related issues & great ideas that are working!

20 years ago, ABC held a series of live televised town halls re: the HIV/AIDS epidemic and taught us how to put condoms on a banana.

WHY, when there are 54 MILLION Americans enduring hunger, 17.2 million of them children, as many as 53 million in poverty, 3.5 million homeless, (with uncounted MILLIONS from foreclosures, now moved in with family & friends), as many as 5.2 million longest unemployed Tier V 99ers NOT covered in tax "deal", record child & domestic abuse, record suicide rates, library closures, OVERWHELMED food banks, homeless shelters, human services, etc., charity giving by the wealthy…

21 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
        • Low Watt,Low Cost Radio Stations To Expand The Conversation and Combat Right Wing Talk Radio

We need to develope a network of low watt,low cost FM radio stations across America thats offers not only consistent messaging about jobs but gives people on Main Street an opportunity to share their ideas.

16 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
          • Municipalities should be lining their streets, utilities, transmission lines, sewers w fiber optics

To BREAK the monopolies of broadband, cable companies and spur more competiton in the digital age for both rural and urban areas. Our future needs MORE digital capacity & competition. Long term goal. Whenever streets are opened up with trenches, or work done on utilities, mandating installing multiple CHEAP conduit BUNDLES so when the system is complete, fiber optic cables can be pulled into the system and either leased out for greater competion to new companies in the telecommunications sector or offered by cities as a new utility service. The City of Alburquerque brilliantly and PROACTIVELY lined the inside of…

9 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)