What is Your Challenge and Solution?

Invest in offshore wind energy

The mid-Atlantic wind bight can supply over 50% of America's energy. This will provide clean, renewable energy and domestic jobs because wind turbine parts are too expensive to transport long distances. Everyone wins with wind.

156 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Doug shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • James commented  · 

That's silly, the free market makes money on oil. The free market is a myth.The free market is not free. Our economy is addicted to oil, it dominates our foreign and domestic policy. The free market approach to energy policy is a national security risk, plan 'n simple.

• Just another economist commented  · 

Who is to pay for the "investment"?
        If it made sense, the free market would have invested in windmills years ago.

• Bob commented  · 

1.Flat 10% tax, income under $250K/year. www.PeoplesParty.us
        2.Electric and Natural Gas cars are tax free and tax deductable over 5 years.Same for solar and wind energy.
        3.Term limits of 12 years for senators/reps.
        4. Publically traded companies belong to the shareholders. $1M Max salary
        5. Build secure double fence on south border.More guards/cameras.
        6. Medicare, Medicaid, V.A. merge into one healthcare system open to all.
        7. The Small Business Admin. actually gives out loans/grants for seed cap.
        8. One year time limit on fighting wars.
        9. Congressman must Balance the budget or lose half of salary.
        10. Get rid of electorial college for direct vote. Max campaig donation $10k.
        www.PeoplesParty.us

• Joe Smith commented  · 

I Agree! This is a clea, renewable energy that is important for everyone!

• Terry Hammonds MSW commented  · 

Wind generators,like most electric plants, are usually located far from the people who use the electricity generted. . Much is wasted in transmission. People who live near wind generators complain bitterly about the noise. Solar power can not be used in many areas because of limited exposure to sunlight, but where it can be used it is preferred because it is generated on structures using it, working quietly and reducing waste.. .

• Brainwashed commented  · 

Invest in any wind energy as long as we're not buying Windmills from China.
        We still have plenty of empty factories vacnt that could be productive in build these windmills.

• Superman commented  · 

Off the coast of Virginia alone would supply 5% of the US electric demands. But what you have is very wealthy people trying their best to keep things the same! They love big oil, coal-powered electricity, & big banking! Then, you have people whining about seagulls & eagles that might someday hit a wind turbine.

• James commented  · 

I have seen wind energy project stopped because of fear to home values. The eastern end of Long Island went on a NIMBY rant over the loss of value that they percieved to their homes; the very people who scream for the environment, gotta love the Hamptons. Imminent domain! not for a mall or condos but for our nation enery needs, kinda like the railroads in the 1800's but with American labor.

• Miles commented  · 

I would love to see some science to support that 50% claim.

Feedback and Knowledge Base