• google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • DAN 1 commented  · 

Single Payer

• John Chubb commented  · 

WE need a one payer system, it would end the need of greed on the health care corporations..

• Jim commented  · 

YEA.

• sammy commented  · 

at www.buyingfreeze.org there is a section where we can all unite and form a private industry coop insurance company that is a private company public option insurance provider. No one can attack it as a social government program, or defund it or wreck it through government shills and lobbyists. If just one million pledge $200 for 6 months to a start up fund, there would be ONE BILLION TWO HUNDRED MILLION DOLLARS !!! to set it up and start providing health insurance. The corporate charter would require all the excess money at the end of each year be paid back to the policy holders in dividends and who regulate the ceo pay and have one voting share each. Read about it at buyingfreeze.org It can operate at 30 to 40% less simply because the ceo and board of directors won’t be sucking hundreds of millions out every quarter. It will have little advertising expense and certainly no lobbyist or political pay offs like the other insurance companies are currently doing. They will lower their rates or lose all their policy holders to The U.S. Citizens Health Insurance Company, a private public option coop. It will operate exactly like the government option was intended to operate.

Our hope is to have the labor unions jointly take this public project over. Union members alone would number in the millions. And if not, we will do it together ourselves.

• Deep Powder commented  · 

#1 Banking Regulations after the Depression under Glass-Steagall Act in 1932 was changed many times until the Republicans killed it and Clinton signed off on it.. Same with the Civil Rights Bill. The Health Care Bill will change. The Public Option is not dead. Before commenting, maybe some fact checking is in order. Keep writing you Congressperson and Senators. Follow their views and Vote accordingly. Be engaged. The GOP wants to "Kill Obamacare". Some here actually think that Health Care is called that and he made these choices. There happened to be famous Senator working on this for years. His name was Teddy Kennedy. Once the Bill go in committees they tore it into pieces. Know you players before you make blanket accusations.

• Kevin commented  · 

Yea, yay, yaaaa...Too many of us are dying from fear of debt or little or no access to a doctor. I love it when repubs or politicians say " a patient can consult their doctor"...well, i dont have any healthcare to afford " a doctor"...why does staying alive cost so much money?

• Anne commented  · 

Medicare for all

• Randy commented  · 

In Thom Hartman's book "Rebooting The American Dream" in Chapter 5 Medicare "Part E" - for Everybody he notes that "Senator Ron Wyden of Oregon put into the Healthcare Bill an ammendment- which passed and is now law titled "Empowering States to Be Innovative" that lets any state apply to the secretary of Health Education, and Welfare (HEW) for a waiver from the national health insurance program. ... After that the state can start its own single-payer healthcare system - with or without an insurance mandate, with or without a public option-so long as the state system meets or exceeds the coverage requirements of the federal legislation."

"This is how Canada moved into the modern healthcare era,..."

• Flo Max commented  · 

I am a physician with over 30 years experience. Our healthcare would improve with a National Healthcare plan - Medicare for all.

• Xavier commented  · 

Here again Obama let us down. He should have never let Congress write the bill. He should have presented his own bill. I will not vote for him for not fighting for the public option. If he had fought and lost, I would have voted for him. When will he act like the President of The United States of America!

Feedback and Knowledge Base