What is Your Challenge and Solution?

Getting rid of LOBBYISTS!

I'm sick of these politicians catering to lobbyists and not voters. This country needs some MAJOR campaign finance reform.

207 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    BrainwashedBrainwashed shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Mustafaa NaimahMustafaa Naimah commented  · 

Get rid of ALL Lobbyists...the are the core of the corruption in this country and its all about money.!!! New LOBBYIST ARE ILLIGAL

• repair manrepair man commented  · 

One tax rate for all, a tax code the size of a pamphlet. The only favoritism I accept is the empirical over the metric system. We need propoganda posters showing lobbyists being soddomized with H&R block nametags and pens. Its about damn time.

• dandan commented  · 

fence in boot hill of missouri and move the house and senate there, charge lobbiest $10,000 to get into confine area. put the money toward deficent. cut retirement of senators and represenatives same insurance as us make their salary equal to average wage of people in their area.

• Last IconoclastLast Iconoclast commented  · 

Yes,.. but people are afraid to march on 'K' street,... or the Pentagon!

• gloria lederergloria lederer commented  · 

You cannot put any kind of bill thru Congress dealing with election reform; you must go thru a Presidential Executive Order. All the president has to do is issue an EXECUTIVE ORDER restricting the amount of money spent on election campaigns, cut all expense accounts and benefits given to these corrupt congressmen and throw out and outlaw lobbyist.

• California MountainmanCalifornia Mountainman commented  · 

I agree, the founding fathers did not have lobbying in mind when they worked tirelessly to form a more perfect union that gave everyone a voice. While we are at it campaign contributions have become just as much of a corrupting force as lobbying especially now that Chineese and other countries can funnel money into our elections.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  · 

Lobbying is legalized corruption.

• Kent in CarmichaelKent in Carmichael commented  · 

I posted the idea re: Eliminate Career Politicians. I respect and agree that Lobbyists have significant impact. However - we can reduce this impact by restricting how any politician can personally gain by being their puppet. If a politician is restricted from running for office again, this will seriously reduce the Lobbyist influence upon him or her. Again, I respect your idea... but I don't think it will be reasonable to stop people who represent particular special groups from attempting to influence the vote of a politician. There can be both a good side and bad side to Lobbyist influence... we as a people do have a right to communicate as one or as a group to our politicians as to how we would like them to vote - hence, rule our country - but if we take away money for re-election from the equation, then we can hope our politicians will aim to vote what in the best interest of those they represent rather than special interest organizations with money to give them to continue their political career. When their six years is up - they will have other opportunities influence politics, or they will have an excellent resume to enter the private workforce also.

• jobrienjobrien commented  · 

Support. Corporate bribes filtering through lobbyist and subverting our representatives is destroying our middle class and our democracy. If not fixed, goodbye "shining city on the hill."

• XavierXavier commented  · 

Here again, if you cannot vote in an election, you, or it, should not be permitted to participate.

Feedback and Knowledge Base