What is Your Challenge and Solution?

Create "National Single-Payer Healthcare SYSTEM"; Relieving businesses of expensive benefits

As it would be part of the national infrastructure, along with education, schools, mail, roads, sewers, garbage collection, water supply, fire & police protection, libraries, CDC, etc, and DON'T forget the military & government created the INTERNET. It would make American business MORE competitive w/o the heavy burden of healthcare benefits. They could provide less expensive "supplemental" is so desired.

152 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    PhxKenster shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • goldoak commented  · 

I would rather have government have more control on healthcare than continue to allow for-profit organizations interfere with my healthcare. In a lot of cases people pay for insurance that turns out to be worthless when it is needed most. I paid BlueCross premiums for years, but when my wife needed surgery they claimed we filled out the application form wrong and denied coverage. That one little check in the wrong (our doctors said it was not wrong, but we couldn't afford to fight BlueCross) box cost us $25,000.

As a business owner (started many businesses over the years), town council member, and father, I can tell you the single biggest obstacle to creating jobs is providing benefits of which healthcare is the most costly.

Plus, as having been involved with a medical billing company, I know that a big chunk of healthcare costs (some doctors say as much as 30%), are the beauracratic nightmares created by insurance companies to allow them to keep YOUR money longer.

Single payer is the only way to eliminate that cost. BAM!! American companies would have a much easier time competing. As it is now, US companies are at a disadvantage against companies whose workers are covered regardless of their employment.

• R. Johns commented  · 

A single payer NOT FOR PROFIT payment system is the best way to finance health insurance for Americans. Having employers pay for health care puts workers and companies at a disadvantage in a global marketplace. If you lose your job that pays for health insurance, you lose your health insurance. This is a old way to do business. Insurance should be portable especially since people and jobs move. If Congress can give trillions to big Wall Street banks they can surely finance health insurance for the country.

• Lyle foth commented  · 

I have ben on medicare for 13 years and no one has ever stoped me from seeing a doctor or haveing a procedure. I trust the gov. more than a lot of ins. companes

• KD commented  · 

We must remember that the government controls what garbage is collected (sometimes), what you are taught, what books are in the library, etc. If the government pays for your health insurance, it will dictate what treatments will be covered. Allowing the government to really get into your health management cannot be a benefit to anybody unless they have nothing right now. Then we have to worry about who is going to pay for this since the efficiency of the government is pretty low which means that everything will cost much more. Remember the toilet seat!.

Feedback and Knowledge Base